POSTED: Friday, April 30th, 2010
Eurofest BC Society presents the European Festival on Saturday, May 29th, 2010!
Date: Saturday May 29, 2010
Time: 10am — 1am
Place: Scandinavian Centre
Cost: $7, FREE for children under 12
Contact: For information call 1–866-749‑9208
Gates open at 10am — Opening Ceremony 10:30am
Cultural displays, Marketplace & Children’s tent open until 6pm
Food booths & Beer Garden open until 8pm
Non-stop Stage Entertainment until 9pm
DANCE TO LIVE MUSIC 9pm – 1am
Come out and enjoy the festivities! There will be 15 hours of family fun to enjoy!
- Swirling flags and colourful ethnic costumes will highlight the Opening Ceremony parade!
– Everyone can enjoy the non-stop stage performances on the big stage
– Country representatives will share stories at the 32 Cultural Display booths
– Unique products will be for sale in the Marketplace Tent
– Treat your taste buds by sampling delicious international recipes in the Food Tent!
– The Beer Garden will be the perfect spot for adults to relax with a brew while watching the stage performances.
– Finish off the evening by dancing up a storm inside the Scandinavian Centre to the sounds of a live band!
FOR THE KIDS
Youngsters will delight in the arts & crafts and face-painting in the Children’s Tent and they will also have a great time doing acrobatics in the Bouncy Castle, climbing up the Swiss Rock Wall, and collecting country stamps for their Festival Passports!
For more information check out the website: http://www.eurofestbc.ca
The Eurofest BC Society and the Consulate General of Germany in Vancouver present Europe Day celebration!