The ICCBC offers a minimum of two scholarships per year to BC residents who are students either entering, continuing their studies at or doing graduate work at accredited post-secondary institutions.
The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia – SCHOLARSHIP FUND REGULATIONS
1) The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia has established a fund to provide financial assistance to students of Icelandic origin who are residents of British Columbia and who are beginning or continuing a program of post-secondary education.
2) The scholarship committee shall endeavour to award a minimum of two scholarships each year for an amount determined by the Scholarship Committee. Additional awards may be considered and authorized by the Committee from time to time.
3) These awards are applicable to students attending recognized post-secondary educational institutions for academic or technical studies.
4) Applicant must have been accepted at an accredited post-secondary institution.
5) Undergraduate Studies – All applicants must be full time students
6) These awards shall be made on the recommendation of a Scholarship Committee whose members shall be selected by the supporting organization.
7) Applicant must have a minimum of one grandparent of Icelandic descent or, failing that, a parent (natural or adopted) or grandparent that is a member of the Icelandic Canadian Club of B.C. Consideration will be given to applicants activity in the Icelandic community.
8) Applicants may be awarded only two scholarships in their lifetime regardless of the category.
9) These awards shall be known as the Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia Scholarships.
Please note that Entrance Awards are for students who are applying for funding for their first year of academic or technical studies; Undergraduate Awards refer to students applying for funds in the second year or more of their studies. Graduate awards refer to students who are in Masters or Doctoral studies.
Closing date for completed applications each year is August 15th. Please do not submit your applications in earlier than July 1st.