Norwegian House Society offers a range of Norwegian Language courses that begin in September. Most are held at the Scandinavian Community Centre, 6045 Thomas Street in Burnaby. Lively teachers from Norway offer instruction, practice, and cultural information. Make friends! Have fun! Speak Norwegian at last.
Programs begin the week of January 12 and will include the following levels depending on students registering
- Beginner I and II (January) Tuesday 7 to 9
- Intermediate I and II (January) Thursday 7 to 9
- Advanced (both semesters)
- Toddler (Sunday 12:30 to 1:45)
- Children’s Language and Culture (Sunday 12:30 to 2) Ages 4 to 12 approximately
- Kaffestue discussion group Sunday 2 to 4 (fall and winter), 7 to 9 (spring and summer). For info or to confirm dates, stat holidays, etc. contact Eva Lindzen 604 581‑3376 or email@example.com
Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced courses have used
- Norwegian in 10 minutes a day by Kristine K. Kershul (2007) $20
- På Vei by Elingsen and Macdonald (electronic download)
Ten week session begins in January and costs $125 plus texts. The children’s program is $100 for the first child in a family and prorated for additional children. Pay at the first class for all courses.
Adults participate in speaking and increasing amounts of reading and writing as levels advance. Some fun cooking or craft evenings may be arranged. Instructors present material suitable for a range of skill levels in each lesson and will help set students into the most appropriate course. Children participate in speaking, reading, singing, folk dancing, games, cooking, and dramatic events. They also perform when possible at Norwegian House Society events. The children’s class will be split into age groups depending on enrolment and teacher availability.
Info and registration firstname.lastname@example.org