The Scandinavian Community Centre continues to exist and provide a place for Scandinavians to call “Home Away From Home” because of all of the generous volunteers who donate their time and energy!
If you want to get more involved in your Scandinavian roots and have fun at different events throughout the year, come out and volunteer! Most volunteer positions are only for 4 – 5 hours long and you get a chance to meet great people!
Why volunteering is GREAT!
- Can be used as high school credit for volunteering
- An important part of any resume!
- A great way to brush up on your language skills
- Make new friends in the Scandinavian community!
- Serving food at celebrations and cultural events
- Representing your country at the different holiday markets throughout the year
- Midsummer Festival
- And so many more!
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?!
For the MIDSUMMER FESTIVAL June 17th and 18th, 2017
visit the Scandinavian Midsummer website at: http://www.scandinavianmidsummerfestival.com/volunteers/
or email Robert Oberg @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Scandinavian Community Centre, please contact the country that you would like to volunteer for directly and say “I want to volunteer!”
If you have no preference for the country, you can contact Scandinavian Centre office email@example.com